Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A slightly failed double lightening bolt mani.

Good Afternoon all! I hope you are having a good week so far?

Well, last night I decided to get a little creative, and do a double lightening bolt mani. I found the Tutorial on how to do this at the Lovely Jane at Nailside! Her stuff is amazing! :D

Since I have naturally ridged nails, I was born with them.. YAY for hereditary.. (that was sarcasm!) Anyways, I had to buff them to within an inch of their lives, and then put on three.. yup three coats of Orly's Nail Armor, just so the darn tape will stick and be smooth and not leave little "waves" on my nails. I think I might need a better ridge filling base coat..

Anyways, after all that! I put on three coats of Finger Pants Pop Rock Pink!! I love this polish, it's such a pretty sparkly pink jelly! And you all know me and jellies! :D



After I put a top coat on that, and it had dried for awhile, I actually ate dinner before the next part. I tape off my nails and added a coat of Finger Paints Blue Raspberry taffy! Such a pretty blue creme! I added a coat of SV.. and waited.

Now we come to the fail part! See this is the first time I have done this, and it took me three fingers to figure out how to place the tape just right! GAH!! So I taped it off again.. and used Sinful's Black on Black for the tips, and then another coat of SV.. and I was done!!



*sighs* I think they look okay.. but I wish I had figured out the tape placement sooner than my ring finger! Though.. my pinky nail is super itty bitty (I have super tiny hands to begin with).. and I managed to do it right on that one! So.. I was proud of that :D

I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment